Thursday, August 6, 2009

No More Strangers

I was thinking of the conference theme and how it applied to my life. The Statewide YSA conference theme of "No More Strangers" has many applications. I think the obvious one is to not be strangers with eachother. There are so many Young Single Adults here in California and we could accomplish so much for good if we were united and focused. This conference gives us a place to gather, having been the temple to complete over 50,000 ordinances and holding onto that spirit, we will be able to receive personal revelation for ourselves and unitedly as and a YSA group. Our Bishop told us that with that spiritual backing of going to the temple and having met and invited everyone in our ward to this conference, we will have a spiritual experience at this conference. I believe that to be true as well.

I also thought of "No More Strangers" to be a question, are we strangers with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ? I think the conference can be a place where we can turn back to Heavenly Father and Christ and recommitt ourselves to not be strangers with them. It is us that causes ourselves to not know them. So, I hope we can all come away with a greater need and desire to become closer to our Savior, that we will recognize him in our lives as much as he knows and recognizes us.

Let's have a wonderful time at the conference!

No comments: